From a restaurant’s perspective, the purpose of a food challenge is to help market the restaurant and get more people into the door to experience the menu and atmosphere. From an eater’s and normal customer’s perspective though, we just want to have fun taking the challenge!! There are many different reasons that food challenges can be fun, and winning a food eating challenge can also be very personally rewarding too. You cannot just wake up on a given day and decide that you want to take a food challenge. If you can complete the meal easily without preparing for it beforehand, then it wasn’t much of a challenge. Just like most achievements and personal records during your life, it takes some training and a lot of effort to win a real food challenge. Millions of people around the world have attempted a food challenge, and the major similarity between each and every food challenge related photo is that nobody is ever frowning. There is always smiling and laughter. Food challenges are meant to be fun for everyone including the audience, and not just the customer(s) taking the challenge. Have you ever considered trying a challenge? If you have not taken a food challenge before, here is why attempting one should really be on your bucket list:
– Now you know HOW – Before FoodChallenges.com, there has never been any website for a person to go to for tips and advice teaching him or her how to train, strategize, and win food challenges. Of those millions of people that have attempted food challenges, sadly most of them lost. For many of those people though, the reason they lost was not because they physically can’t eat that much. It was because they had no idea what they were doing. It’s pretty hard to have fun and enjoy something that you don’t know HOW to do. Check out the eating TIPS and STRATEGIES sections to find out every food challenge and contest related tip you could ever want to know.
– You can say you tried one – How many things in your past have you done just to say you did it? Do you really want to have to tell your sons and daughters that you have never tried a food challenge? No you don’t!!
– Victory is very satisfying – If you train and work hard to achieve a certain goal, whether it be for an athletic event, job, hobby, or even to beat a video game, it is very self-satisfying when you reach that goal and achieve victory. There are food challenges of all kinds, sizes, and types. You just have to pick the right one for you. You may watch a UFC or MMA fight and wish you could do that too, knowing that you never ever will. You may watch a poker tournament on television and wish you could win that much money, knowing that you never will even try. Anybody can win a restaurant food challenge, and you don’t have to just watch. You just have to choose the right one, and luckily you have over 3,000 to choose from. I have done many tough challenges, and I can tell you from experience that the personal satisfaction is worth significantly more than the awarded prizes and/or free meal.
–Challenges are more fun than an all-you-can-eat buffet – You can eat as much as you physically can at an all-you-can-eat buffet, even until you are sick, but you will never win anything but an upset stomach. On top of that, you still have to pay for your meal. Even if you put an entire tray of food on your plate and eat it, more food will soon be brought out for everyone else, and you get to walk out only with the satisfaction that you “got your money’s worth.” A food challenge is a limited amount of food, and once you are done, you are done. You get to walk out victorious, knowing that you are one of the elite few to win, and you also have the shirt to prove it. Many times you don’t even have to pay a dime for the awesome experience (please tip your server though!!).
– Everyone else is doing it – We were taught in school that “everyone else is doing it” is a terrible reason to try drugs, but we aren’t talking about doing drugs here. If you frequent a restaurant with a food challenge, and hundreds of people have tried the particular challenge, all hanging up on the Wall Of Fame or Wall Of Shame, what is keeping you from being next? Are you too cool? All of those people are smiling for a reason. It’s fun!!
– It’s fun to compete – Every person in the world eats/drinks food for energy, and every person is qualified to attempt a food challenge no matter what their age level, race, gender, body type, financial income, or degree of athleticism is. You may not be able to compete on a field or court, but you can still compete in something. In this case, that something just happens to be at the dinner table (or breakfast). Athletes and all naturally competitive people never truly lose that will to compete, so get that old competitive spirit back again by training for and attempting a challenge. Then you can feel the thrill of victory again, which is something money can’t buy.
– It’s bulking season – If you are into lifting weights or wanting to gain muscle mass, you need to be eating real food, and you need to eat BIG in order to get BIG. Why not try a food challenge? Even if you don’t consider yourself a big eater, just try a smaller challenge. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right. Since you will need to train your stomach the few days beforehand by eating more, this gives you a reason to eat BIG, which will help you reach your goals. You aren’t wanting to add tons of fat, so just make sure to choose a challenge loaded with protein and not just fats & carbs like a dessert challenge (one won’t hurt you though).
As you can see, there are many different reasons that you should attempt a food challenge or at least try attempting a food challenge once in your lifetime. If your favorite food is pizza, try a pizza challenge. If you “can eat Mexican food all day and night,” then try a burrito or taco challenge if there is one near you. Try a challenge on your birthday in front of all your friends, or try one when you are on vacation with your family. If you have never tried one, you have no right to criticize other people that do. If you have tried one before and lost, and you did not have an enjoyable experience, did you know what you were doing at the time? Check out the TIPS and STRATEGIES pages to find out what you need to do on your next attempt. Every challenge is very different. If you learn the HOW, I guarantee that your next experience will be much more pleasurable than your first attempt.
To go back and view other Food Challenges 101 articles, click here.