Home – FoodChallenges Forums Favorite Food Challenges Favorite challenge you have done?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sean Nichols
    Participant

Challenge or contest, what was your favorite to participate? Completed or not? Why was it your favorite?

For me this would be more of The Legend at Randall’s Frozen Custard in Sheboygan, Wi. The fact that the owners were so nice and amazing people. Made the whole experience that much more enjoyable. Just a great time the whole time!

Randy Santel
    Keymaster

I definitely agree with the fact that the people involved make a challenge or contest so much more memorable than the food does. My favorite USA challenge experience was doing The Big 70 Biscuits and Gravy Challenge in Columbia, Missouri for the show Truck Stop USA!! It was neat to have everyone cheering with a bunch of cameras rolling. I also had a great time doing a challenge in Doolittle, Missouri at Cookin’ From Scratch. It was a really small town, and they put together a little event and had the room filled with people that came to watch and cheer. If anybody gets the chance to go over to the UK for challenges, I definitely recommend it. The people across the pond get really into things, especially after drinking!! Some of my challenges over there have been a ton of fun!! Having people cheering is much more memorable than sitting there eating with my camcorder on a tripod with just the server and a chef watching. Great forum post Sean!

Sean Nichols
    Participant

I did the Big 70. Wasnt so glamorous as you had. But I normally dont care for the big crowds for a challenge as I do not get them. But I did the Kirby’s Goliath cupcake challenge earlier that day, so this was an extremely hard one to finish. Just did it under the wire. You had a really good time on that challenge I noticed!

Joshua Hockett
    Participant

Hands down the Shakespear’s Pub and Grill Great White Whale Challenge in San Diego. Its a hard core Enligsh owned and ran pub and they take their fish and chips really serious. They are super friendly and very supportive of anyone who takes on their challenge and even ring a bell, announce the taker and the challenge before you begin. Everyone then gives you props as they pass by you. If you finish you get your time announced and a round of applause. The food in this challenge is absolutely amazing as well so it makes for a great challenge in a great atmosphere. I have had other with better food or more favored food items but the environment here made this one stand out.

Kevin Ross
    Participant

I would have to agree with Joshua Hockett. Very few challenges are genuinely delicious all the way through. And this one is. I once went to Shakespear’s Pub with Jamie Mcdonald and we both ate 2 challenges each. So 4 challenges on the table for only 2 people. It blew their minds. I was full as hell, but Jamie probably could have eaten another challenge easy, that lunatic. That was truly a memorable challenge experience.

Joshua Hockett
    Participant

So you two were the ones the owners were referencing when I came in to take it down then hey!? They could not recall names or ages or anything other then that 2 guys came in and both got 2 and finished both in time. I was like “what the hell??!!” who would that have been? Now I know!

Michael Whities
    Participant

Believe it or not, my favorite is one that I failed to compete.

I did the Son of a Botch Challenge in Monroe LA. Yes, I failed it, but it tasted great and it gave me a baseline as to what my capacity was. I had the top bun left and several fried dill pickles. Just before I called it, I tried to eat one of the pickles and almost reversed. I’ll go back and conquer it soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.