Home – FoodChallenges Forums Favorite Food Challenges I Love Cheeseburgers!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Troy Cogswell
    Participant

Good afternoon everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Troy. I’m located in Omaha, NE. I’ve always had a big appetite, but have never attempted any food challenges. I’ve been reading older documentation on eating challenges and I’m going to attempt the Stellanator in February. Can anyone give me any advice, maybe just anything that I can expect to encounter that may be a one off?

To Randy: Big fan man, been following you for a few years. I’m setting my goal to finish the Stellanator in 15 minutes. I absolutely will not let myself end up on the Wall of Shame.

Troy Cogswell
    Participant

Randy there might be a code bug. I attempted to have my title say “I <3 cheeseburgers.”

Randy Santel
    Keymaster

Hey Troy, first of all, thank you for joining foodchallenges.com!! It’s not really a coding bug. It was just that the system is not advanced enough to translate <3 into a heart. I edited the title to say "I Love Cheeseburgers" instead, so now it works. The Stellanator is a delicious challenge, and I know a few people that have beaten it now. I'm sure you have watched both of my videos of it. I'm not sure if anybody else has made a video of them successfully winning. Keep breaking the burger down layer by layer, letting the runny egg help you consume the meat faster. Then get the bun down along with the peanut butter and veggies. The fries are pretty mushy and easy to eat. Make sure you have the stomach capacity, and the strategy is pretty straight forward. Follow our How To Win A Stacked Burger Challenge video and article under the Strategies tab. Thanks Troy & good luck!!

Troy Cogswell
    Participant

Correct, I have watched both videos. I also don’t know that I’ve seen another video of anyone winning. I intend to video tape my victory (or failure). Thanks for the advice. Another question I have as a beginner is that I know I can eat 3 lbs of food if I’m hungry, but with basic capacity adding practice/techniques, would I have enough time in 6 weeks to be able to get to 5 lbs of capacity? I intend to go to Hu Hot a few times and weigh everything I eat to see where I end up. Again, I appreciate the advice and thanks for taking care of my post title. 🙂

Troy Cogswell
    Participant

UPDATE: I started with the burger patties, condiments, etc. I got about 4lbs down in 19 minutes. I ended up deciding to eat the fries before my final burger. So I had 26 minutes to finish a small pile of fried onions and 1 single burger. The last burger fell apart, so I ate the beef and figured I could just finish everything else. Everything got cold on me by about 25 minutes in and I ended up not being able to take another bite. The PB + jalapeno really were hard to chew together. I’m going to attempt this one again soon, but I will probably eat the fries dead last and mix the PB/jalapeno in with the other condiments so I would eat those earlier. I’m still deciding on when to eat the bread, but if I save those for last and have trouble chewing, I might just dunk them in some lemonade. 🙂

430 have tried, only 18 have been able to finish it. I still have to find out if they will move my Wall of Shame picture over to the good side if I do complete the challenge next time.

Michael Whities
    Participant

Good luck with it Troy. I have a burger that I need to attempt again and hopefully defeat it.

Son of a Botch

I had the top bun and several fried dill pickles left, couldn’t eat the pickles without feeling like I was going to throw up. haha

Randy Santel
    Keymaster

Hey Troy thanks for updating us!! Sorry to hear about the loss, but I am very glad you learned from it!! Now you will be ready to dominate the challenge on your next attempt!! Best of luck and good luck to you too Michael on your challenge mentioned!!

Michael Whities
    Participant

Thanks Randy. Wish I’d known about FC before then, I’d been better prepared.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.