Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can anyone comment if they feel some larger burrito challenges are more difficult than others? If so, why(besides possible spiciness)?
    I’ve noticed that people post quite different times in these types of challenges with similar sizes.

Randy – I will direct this towards you as well. For example, you finished the Habeneros 5lb burrito challenge in Lee’s Summit Missouri in
    3:58, but the Lupita’s 6 lb challenge in Topeka in 10+ minutes. Was the Lupita’s challenge much more difficult for some reason, other than its additional size?

I completed the Habenros challenge in around 11 minutes and want to try a larger burrito. I am targeting this one, as well as one in AZ when I will be there next month.

Curious if anyone has any comments.

Randy Santel
    Keymaster

Hey Christopher!! I am really sorry that it took so long to respond to your post!! I haven’t looked at the forums in a while. Regarding burritos, the difficulty depends on whether it is WET or DRY. By dry, I mean that the burrito is basically served wrapped up in a tortilla and able to eat with your hands, and there is not much sauce or anything that makes the burrito very “runny” and easy to eat. Using your example, if you watch my Lupita’s video, yes the burrito was covered with melted cheese, but the entire inside of the burrito was basically rice, beans, and other dry foods. It was not very easy at all, and the cheese was thick, so it did not readily soak into the exterior tortillas. Wet burritos, just like the Habanero’s burrito, are served enchilada style with a thinner red sauce covering the burrito that soaks into the tortillas, making them easier to eat. Then there is also more sauce and melted cheese inside the burrito that makes the inside easy to eat and swallow as well. With really wet burritos, you may not even need to chew that much. For that Habaneros burrito, each bite went down pretty fast and I did not need much water. The Lupita’s burrito went down fast of course, but it was dry and required more liquids and chewing. Plus, to be honest, I’ll be the first to say that I don’t believe that burrito they served me was a full 5 pounds. 3.5 pounds to four sounds more accurate. That Lupita’s burrito was a full 6 pounds. So burritos really depend on how they are served. Wet burritos are typically easier to eat faster, even with utensils to minimize messiness. Sorry for the really late response, and thanks for being part of FoodChallenges.com!! – Randy

Michael Whities
    Participant

I want to hit a burrito challenge soon. I’ve done one wing challenge (BWW Blazin) and three burger challenges. Maria’s Cantina’s Five Pound Burrito challenge will most likely be my first one. It’s “close’ to me in Southhaven MS.

Randy Santel
    Keymaster

That is a good choice Michael I really enjoyed that burrito and the staff there. The $100 prize was nice of course too!! 🙂

Michael Whities
    Participant

Yeah, my wife didn’t want me to do the pizza eating contest.. until I showed her the $400 in gift cards I won. haha One day soon. I figure the local ones first.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.