Home – FoodChallenges Forums Favorite Food Challenges Doing More Harm Than Good

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joe Hinostro 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joe Hinostro
    Participant

Okay I saw an eating competition where a dude eat 240 chicken wings in 10 minutes. My first impression was: wait that doesn’t add up. Than today I read a comment on a youtube food eating video where someone was talking shit. They mentioned the world record of 337 chicken wings eaten in 30 minutes. Here is the thing, if there is any regular person out there that can talk about these chicken wing eating benchmarks it would be me. My personal record is 224 chicken wings with a few orders of fries. Say meat from 10 chicken wings equal one pound (most likely 8 chicken wings equal 1lb). So you do the math. Setting up these bogus records only makes the public at large think: Oh that 7lbs of food you just eat isn’t nothing. Why don’t you do a real challenge. This kind of thinking gets places making 30lbs burrito challenges, thinking: Oh top pro should be able to do this. And what those people don’t realize is that those contests are so fake. It is only meant to build up hype. I would challenge any of those pro, any day of the week, that have supposedly eaten over 200 wings. I would take on that challenge at a moment’s notice without “prep” or “getting ready” and I bet you I would end up eating more. So to my new eaters trying to set goals, do your thing and don’t let b.s. discourage you. To the fans out there, make up your own mind and don’t let hype fool you. What are your guys’ thought on this kind of stuff happening in the eating world?

Robert McKinney
    Participant

You do know about the Wing Bowl, right?

Joe Hinostro
    Participant

I looked the term up. So it’s a wing eating contest. My friends and family have been telling I should do contests that I would get easy money. I thought about doing the Nathan eating contest. Just to style on some fools. But you have to qualify before hand and I would have to travel in order to do so. I watched the video of this Nathan hot dog contest and from what I saw only the top two dudes would give me a run for my money. Now that said, I’ve never eaten hot dogs fast. I don’t like eating fast so I don’t have much experience in eating fast. If I went up on that stage right now without practicing eating hot dogs fast it would be close but I would come in 3rd maybe 2nd. So how would I go about entering the Wing Bowl? It sounds fun and I do like chicken wings. Can you pick from different flavors? If you know any rib eating contests please tell me about them. My personal best in eating ribs is about 6 and half racks with about 3 lbs of fries and 2 or 3 orders of slaw. I looove bbq. Though I know I can do better. I want to do a food contest just to know how it feels. I don’t want to do them as a way to make money. I’m not here to become a pro eater, but I know Randy is and he doing a lot to get this of his off. So I figure if I can do a few huge food challenges that only handful of people on this planet can do it would be good promotion for this site. And also doing huge eating feats could attract pro eaters from major league eating. Those pros have big followings so that would be a big boost for the site. In any case send me links and info about this wing Bowl. Who knows I may enter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.